Monday, February 2, 2015

Every morning when I drop Raphaela off at Kindergarten, I check her drawer for pictures or projects that need to be taken home.  This morning, the following note greeted me:


Briefly translated from the Hebrew, "Mommy I love you, may you continue to climb up the ladder of mitzvoth [rules and lessons of the Torah]."

This will be kept for a long time, close to my heart.

(Postscript:  Tucking in Raphaela at night, I thanked Raphaela again for the beautiful sentiment, and she said to me, "Mommy, I will always be your friend." I replied, "Raphaela, I will always be your Mommy who loves you.")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi from a far, wow what a pair you are

Doc said...

Thank you Brian, but I can only take partial credit...I believe that parents do more to get in the way of their children when we stop them from being who they are, and who they are meant to become as a reflection of their own person and their own dreams.